The International Coach Federation is the biggest, worldwide professional organization of coaches.
I have the pleasure to be a member of it and as such to put myself on their quality test.
As a result of it, I have been credentialed first as Associate Certified Coach – ACC in 2013 and Professional Certified Coach – PCC in 2020!
The ICF offers the only globally recognized, independent credentialing program which has existed for more than a decade. More than 9,000 coaches currently hold one of three offered ICF Credentials. Any coach that is serious about building or maintaining a coaching business and care for being part of a well-respected, self-regulating profession, isinterested in gaining an ICF Credential. The mission of the ICF Credentialing program is to:
- Protect and serve consumers of coaching services;
- Measure and certify competence of individuals; and
- Inspire pursuit of continuous development.
Benefits of an ICF Credential:
- Enhances the coach’s credibility and reassures potential clients that the coach is an experienced and professional coach.
- Demonstrates that the coach has high professional standards.
- Demonstrates that the coach stands by a strong code of ethics.
- Demonstrates a high knowledge and skill level.
- Demonstrates that the coach takes on-going professional development seriously.
- Develops the coach as a professional coach to further enhance her skills.
- Brings personal satisfaction in achieving a career goal
- Reinforces the integrity of the coaching profession internationally.